If you are thinking about moving and you have young children and you have plenty of space to live in now....do NOT move...
It's chaos here. We had sick children all weekend with high fevers and now coughs and runny noses.
We have boxes galore and many toys are packed up.
Not a lot of sleep...noisy sleep with lots of coughing and our oldest sleeping in our room.
Husband painting over cute things to get it ready for the renters.
I'm so OVER this move.
However, there has been one wonderful blessing through all of this-the amazing offers of help from friends and E's dad and his girlfriend. We've had people come over to play with the kids so we could pack and spackle holes and paint. Some have kept 1 or 2 of my children at their house while I pack. Some have just packed some boxes for me while other friends have offered to bring over dinner.
We have wonderful friends in our new neighborhood who are keeping two of our kids during our walk through tonight and E's sister will be watching all three during our closing tomorrow. We've got our moving day covered and more help this weekend and next week.
One major thing I've learned in the past 11 months is to know when to ask for help and to take any help that is offered. I haven't always asked for help in the past and that's been to my detriment. No one is offering me a trophy for playing the martyr and I am a much better mom when I ask for help and receive it.









No comments:
Post a Comment