Friday, May 07, 2010

7 Months Old!

Our little guy turned 7 months old last weekend and he also had a surprise visit to the doctor last Saturday due to being "hemmed up" as my husband likes to say.
Poor little guy! He loves to eat solid foods but they don't seem to agree with him though. Last Saturday was a really rough day starting with a doctor's visit, and then progressing to the use of suppositories and then finally some good messy diapers that made him feel better. But he got hemmed up again a couple of days later and I was feeling like giving up on the solids! However, after some internet research and a good trip to the grocery store, I feel like I am better prepared for his sensitive intestines.

So here are some stats and firsts:
-He had his first X-ray yesterday. The X-ray was of his chest and the second opinion doctor prefers to have one done before seeing a patient. They like to do a pulmonary function test during the visit and compare it to the x-ray. Anyway, he cried during the x-ray but he didn't scream and was happy when it was over.
The new doctor's visit will be next Thursday.

-He now weighs 16 pounds and is 27 inches long. His head measures 44 cm.

-A few weeks ago he sat up all on his own while we were at the park and now he loves to do that.

-He can sit up for longer periods of time now. He is also able to sit up without using his hands but still usually prefers to lean over on his hands.

-He has a hybrid crawl that Miss A also did when she first started trying to crawl. He pulls one knee in and then kind of pushes along with the other foot.

-He also likes to hold himself up on one arm.

-He is blowing raspberries all the time and I sense the "b" sound coming soon.

-He found his feet!


At the park-The first time he sat up all on his own (then he proceeded to fall over...poor guy!)-
One-arm push ups-
Trying to crawl-
Got that foot-
"Yeah...I'm sucking my thumb...And?"

3 comments:

All Things Family said...

he is SO smiley!

Paige and Russ Atkins said...

He is looking so much more like you than Audrey did at this age, I must say! I can't wait to play with him!!


Happy Mother's Day Laura!

thecoghlans said...

So sweet! I love the photos!