During her nap, I managed to make a burp cloth and matching bib from this very funky guitar fabric I got from etsy.com. I had seen this same fabric used in a baby boutique in Cape May and knew I could make some of the same stuff I saw in there and for a lot cheaper than buying it in the boutique. Just a reminder that Martha Stewart, I am NOT. I am still an amateur! But each item that I did turned out a little better than the one before it. Last night around 10 (yes, I had a burst of energy), I got motivated again and made another burp cloth out of some cute sushi fabric that I also bought on etsy.com and had seen in the same baby boutique. So, without further adieu, here are some photos of my work and work in progress-
"Groovy Guitar" print bib and burp cloth
Close up of the bib (E put in the snap for me)-
Back of the bib...I used chenile for the backing-
Fun sushi fabric burp cloth (this one came out the best of all)-

And my work in progress...I want to make a bib to match the burp cloth so here is my pattern and fabric all ready to go-
If you have read this far down, then you may be wondering what is up with the number 3?? (TMI warning here!)
Well, today I had a prenatal appointment. I told my midwife that I had been having some cramping last night while I was giving Miss A a bath. The cramping was mainly on the right side (where I've had it throughout this pregnancy since 16 weeks) and it required me to get on my hands and knees to breathe through it. This happened 3 times in about 45 minutes last night. So, my midwife said she would do a cervical check when she did the swab for Group Beta Strep. The swab wasn't very comfortable but it was over quickly. It was more uncomfortable when she checked my cervix because she really had to press but while doing the check she discovered that I am 3 cm dilated!! She was really surprised and not expecting that and I was not expecting that either! She said my cervix is still firm and is only effaced 40-50% and the baby is at -3 station. After she learned all of that, she suggested pelvic rest till I am 37 weeks which will be next Friday, the 9th. Now, the weird thing is that about an hour after the appointment I was having lots of cervical pressure and then half an hour after that I had more. So much so that I had to sit down to relieve it. This afternoon I needed to cook a meal for my friend who lost her baby last week and was still having the pressure so I sat on a stool while I mixed my muffins and chopped the veggies. I am thinking the cervical check triggered the pressure I was having. However, I have had a little cervical pressure here and there before today. I am hoping this baby will stay in for a little longer until at least 37 weeks.
So, that's the latest!


2 comments:
I love the burp cloths and bibs! Your fabrics are AWESOME, especially the sushi one. I'll be praying that your little guy hangs in there for another week or so. Happy Nesting!
I am very proud of your craftiness. You remind me of Sarah's psycho roommate who used to sew purses and grow bean sprouts on the vanity.
Post a Comment