Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Cape May Beach Vacation

Our beach vacation was so nice and we had such wonderful weather. We had plenty of people there to help out with Audrey so Evan and I had time to relax a bit while we were there too. We even had a date night courtesy of Aunt Sharon and Uncle Rob! They are so thoughtful!

Audrey enjoyed the ocean so much. The first day she was a little hesitant in the water and didn't really like it but loved the sand. But by the second and third day we went, she loved the water so much that she wanted to let go of our hands and take off into the ocean!

She also liked tasting the sand and after I finally let her put some in her mouth, she decided that it didn't taste as good as it looked. (She, of course, had to taste the dry sand and the wet sand in case they tasted any differently.)

Audrey had her 6th tooth come in on July 4th! It's another incisor and it's on the bottom.
Our 4th of July was fun and laidback. We had a cookout at the house there and that night while Audrey slept at the house and one of the family members stayed behind to watch her, the rest of us went to the the beach and watched the fireworks that were being displayed from a barge on the ocean. It was incredible!

On a side note: we had some great "potty successes" while we were there. When we got to the house, I began to change Audrey's diaper but she made the potty sign. So, I took her in and put her on the big potty and she went! What a shock but a pleasant one! We had other similar success throughout the week but now that we are back she likes to make the potty sign all the time. She is starting to use it as a way to get out of the crib or highchair....smart little lady but we are catching on!

As for our little guy...I have been feeling him move so much! He really likes to kick me in the bladder and loves moving around once I lay down. Evan has been able to feel him move too so that's been awesome. I am 6 months now and my belly button has definitely popped!

Here's a slideshow of our Cape May trip:

1 comment:

Scarlett Pourciau said...

Looks like y'all had lots of fun! I LOVE the pics of Audrey "surfing" and riding the zebra. Priceless!